Tree Climber Position
The Tree Climber
• Will at all times adhere to Henderson’s Safety guidelines, performing work according to all policies and procedures of Henderson’s Tree Care Division.
• Is able to take direction from the Tree Crew Supervisor or Job-Site Supervisor and always work as a Team Member, using strong communication skills and adhering at all times to Henderson’s conduct and behavior code.
• Performs various activities related to forestry and arboriculture such as tree diagnosis, climbing, pruning, removal, stump grinding, cabling, stumping, fertilizing and planting.
• Supervises others engaged in tree trimming work and share skills to train other crew members.
• Prepares trees and shrubs for removing, prepare plant material for transplanting.
• Participates in gear, tool and equipment maintenance at the shop and in the field.
Work Site tasks include:
• Climbing trees using the proper climbing hooks and belts, or climb ladders to gain access to work areas.
• Collecting debris and refuse from tree trimming and removal operations into piles to be handled as each job specifies. Hauling, chipping and maintaining a cleared safe work zone.
• Trimming, topping, limbing-up, pruning, and shaping trees and shrubs following arboriculture practices.
• Cabling, bracing, tying, bolting, staking and guying trees and branches.
Specialized skills and requirements for the Climber:
• Skill and knowledge to operate and also perform maintenance on specialized equipment including a chipper, stump grinder, and chainsaw in a safe and responsible manner
• Skill to hoist tools and equipment to tree trimmers, and safely lower branches with ropes, or block and tackle.
• Skills in knot tying and practical knowledge of each used in the field.
• 3-4 Years’ Experience in the Field, preferably a Certified Arborist .
• The desire to continue skill development, advance education and maintain certifications and accreditations.
• Must have a clean driving record, preferably a CDL or desire to obtain commercial level licensing.
To APPLY for this job, please download & complete our application form: HTGS Employment Application. Please complete and email along with Resume & Letters of Recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copy applications are also available at our office @ 1542 Route 14 White River Junction, VT 05001. Any questions call our office at 802.296.3771.