Groundsman Position -Tree Care Division
The Groundsman position in the Henderson’s Tree Crew Division is a support and technician level job that entails close observance of all safety issues involved in Tree work as well as skills that support the work performed by the Tree Crew, allowing a smooth flow of productivity at the job-site.
The skills and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Strong knowledge of tying and specific uses for tree-industry knots.
• Safety for all types of equipment used (Chipper, Stump Grinder, Chain Saw).
• Being a reliable member of the team responsive to visual cues and hand signals from the Climber and acting promptly with ground support.
• Keeping the work area clear of debris, cleaning up limbs and branches as they are brought down in tree cutting work. Raking the area clear to maintain the safety zone.
• Lining up branches and piling appropriately for loading into the Chipper.
• Keeping tools in the staging area and safe zone.
• Assuring that all lines are kept clear at all times.
• Being attentive to the Climber’s cues throughout the job, always keeping their eyes on the Climber.
The Groundsman will be the point person preparing to load the appropriate tools for specific jobs for departure from the shop. This person will maintain areas and equipment on the jobsite, and perform tasks such as:
• Defining the staging area and safe zones on the jobsite and laying out the tools for the job.
• Placing the Henderson’s road sign in a visible location on the property.
• Filling equipment with gasoline or diesel while being mindful of safe handling of fuels.
The Groundsman should also have sound knowledge of:
• Chain Saw Blade Sharpening & Maintenance
• General information about Crane operations
• Stump Grinder & Chipper operation & Maintenance
• Riggings used in Tree work- ex: Rope Breaks and Speed Lines.
Henderson’s stresses SAFETY on all jobs and constant vigilance and mindfulness is of the utmost importance on the Tree Crew. All Tree Care Division employees are required to view and understand all safety and procedure videos upon hire within a set time frame. Being aware of inherent dangers in the tree industry and the knowledge to avoid them is most important.
Henderson’s encourages education and continued job skill improvement. We are members of the New England Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture (NEISA) and promote employees obtaining their certifications and Arborist Licensing.
All Henderson’s employees have an expectation to always promote our services and products and embrace the importance of networking to bring more business connections that will lead to future clients and more services for existing clients.
To APPLY for this job, please download & complete our application form: HTGS Employment Application. Please complete and email along with Resume & Letters of Recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copy applications are also available at our office @ 1542 Route 14 White River Junction, VT 05001. Any questions call our office at 802.296.3771.