Entry Level Gardener
• Working closely with the Crew Supervisor, has the opportunity to gain skill and knowledge in horticulture practices and the ability to work more independently once skill sets are acknowledged.
• Understands the importance that all safety and conduct guidelines are to be respected and observed throughout the work day.
• Provides the best in customer care, maintaining a positive attitude.
• Works as a team member.
• Is responsible for duties at the HTS Shop as well as out in the field.
The Entry Level Gardener will act as a support crew member in the field, taking on responsibilities that enable smooth flow of work at the shop as well as on the job-site including such tasks as:
• Preparing for the work day with the required equipment & tools loaded on vehicles, being sure all items are secure for travel.
• Working under supervision to plant, transplant, water, apply mulch in beds, cultivate, weed and perform horticulture sanitation aspects of field work.
• Maintaining clear working areas on-site as field work is performed.
• Assisting with un-loading equipment and tools at the end of the day.
Skills and requirements include:
• The ability to work outdoors and be prepared with proper gear to remain safe and comfortable.
• The physical strength to comfortably lift 50lbs of weight
• The stamina to perform physical labor for a full work day
• Basic knowledge of plant science and culture
• The ability to take direction and follow Henderson’s procedures
• The ability to communicate effectively with all other employees as a team member
• The desire to further improve horticulture skills and continue education toward certifications and accreditations in the industry
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Clean driving record
To APPLY for this job, please download & complete our application form: HTGS Employment Application. Please complete and email along with Resume & Letters of Recommendation to: email@example.com Hard copy applications are also available at our office @ 1542 Route 14 White River Junction, VT 05001. Any questions call our office at 802.296.3771.